Plant Trees (pack of 10 trees)
Following a devastating start to the bushfire season, our planet needs trees now more than ever.
WithOneSeed community forestry started in Baguia, Timor-Leste in 2010. The program achievements to date are:
- Over 960 Baguia farmers engaged in community forestry
- Over 152,000 trees under management
- Over 50,000 t CO2e removed from the global atmosphere
- More than 15,000 carbon credits sold internationally to companies driving toward carbon neutrality
- Nearly US$300,000 paid into the Baguia village economy since 2010
- Over 5% of Baguia farmers directly involved in planting and managing trees flowing on to just under 30% of the population benefitting financially from WithOneSeed
- 15 permanent full-time jobs and 15 casual jobs created
- Baguia Farmer Finance Cooperative established
- WithOneSeed achieving the internationally certified carbon forestry program under the Gold Standard Foundation
- Internationally recognised Master Tree Growers agroforestry training program established in Baguia
- The establishment of the Baguia Agroforestry and horticulture centre in 2019
- MOU with the Government of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste and WithOneSeed
- 10 of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals being addressed by WithOneSeed.
- WithOneSeed community forestry program expansion into three other Municipalities of Timor-Leste in 2019
- Establish a Timor Carbon Foundation in 2019 to manage expansion across Timor-Leste to be managed and directed by Timorese for Timorese.
In purchasing this product you are directly impacting;
WithOneBean – Supporting farmers and their families to raise incomes, improve crop yields and thereby increasing livelihood opportunities.
WithOneSeed – Profits from your purchase will go toward reducing carbon in the atmosphere, returning forests to their natural state and helping to end poverty and hunger in one of the worlds poorest regions.
physical card (posted out to you), eCard (emailed to you)